Wigle Wifi for Android: Suggestions

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

196 posts • Page 12 of 14
could you add gps accuracy (e.g. 10.5 meters) to the Dashboard? just below satellite information
Two suggestions from me:
1. Watchlist in Android app - add desired device to the watchlist to get the notification when it's in scanning range.
2. Watchlist in web app - add desired device to the watchlist to get the notification when someone uploads new scan results including that device.
A few weeks ago, I heard of "Google Sidewalk", a new ability that allows devices like "Echo" to provide a bit of Internet access for everyone within 'hearing' of the device. But, a little searching and I cannot find references to how people are supposed to actually use that Internet.
We should be able to use that Internet access for accessing map data, right? Or, for uploading wardriving results data.
But, I haven't figured out how this 'works'. What must we, as Android Smartphone users, actually do to enable this communication?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/202 ... 288353001/
"Amazon is planning to automatically enroll owners of its devices in a program that would share a slice of their internet connection with neighbors.
Amazon confirmed in an email to USA TODAY that the program will launch on eligible Echo devices starting June 8.
Amazon Sidewalk is a low-bandwidth shared network the tech giant says will not only allow your devices to work better, but help locate lost items.
The network shares "a small portion of your internet bandwidth which is pooled together to provide these services to you and your neighbors," reads a description on Amazon's website. "And when more neighbors participate, the network becomes even stronger," it claims.

Amazon says its Sidewalk feature has multiple layers of privacy and security to protect personal information, but users will have the option to turn off Sidewalk if they decide not to participate.
Ring owners with an eligible device can opt out by visiting the control center in the Ring app or Ring website. Customers who own an eligible Echo device can make changes in Settings in the Alexa app.
Amazon says customers who purchase an eligible Echo device for the first time will have the chance to disable Sidewalk during the setup process.
Google Photos update:Unlimited storage for photos and videos goes away starting Tuesday
Cybersecurity:Attack hits world's largest meat supplier JBS' IT systems in the US and Australia
Here is the list of devices Amazon says support Sidewalk:

Ring Floodlight Cam (2019)
Ring Spotlight Cam Wired (2019)
Ring Spotlight Cam Mount (2019)
Echo (3rd gen and newer)
Echo Dot (3rd gen and newer)
Echo Dot for Kids (3rd gen and newer)
Echo Dot with Clock (3rd gen and newer)
Echo Plus (all generations)
Echo Show (all models and generations)
Echo Spot
Echo Studio
Echo Input
Echo Flex
Sidewalk will also be supported by Tile. Bluetooth tracker owners can use to keep tabs on their keys, wallet or other important items.

Follow Brett Molina on Twitter: @brettmolina23.
"
Sidewalk isn't public WiFi, it's an alternate wireless network to let devices talk to your Amazon devices as a gateway.

It would be interesting to add detection of active Sidewalk devices in a stumbling rig, though I'm not sure if the protocols would allow for the right info capture...
Sidewalk isn't public WiFi, it's an alternate wireless network to let devices talk to your Amazon devices as a gateway.

It would be interesting to add detection of active Sidewalk devices in a stumbling rig, though I'm not sure if the protocols would allow for the right info capture...
Okay, I still wonder how we go about actually using Sidewalk. Is it somehow automatic?
And, if it can be stumbled, how long until the WIGLE software is capable of doing that?
Two suggestions from me:
1. Watchlist in Android app - add desired device to the watchlist to get the notification when it's in scanning range.
2. Watchlist in web app - add desired device to the watchlist to get the notification when someone uploads new scan results including that device.
That's a great idea
I add to that adding an alias to mac's
I'll note that we're open-source and pull requests are very welcome on our github: https://github.com/wiglenet/wigle-wifi-wardriving
Is Android Auto capability on the roadmap? Would be great to be able to have the control from the headunit.
We looked into it, but developing for Android Auto is too tightly controlled!
Hi
Could you add Auto hide or block after set intervals in to the Wigle app?
Can you provide more information?

Do you want it removed from the database? uploads? the local UI?

-a
I mean if the app could perform Hide Mac/OUI automatically after set minutes.
I'm afraid that runs contrary to the core use case of the application. You are of course welcome to implement that for your own use (the source is here: https://github.com/wiglenet/wigle-wifi-wardriving) but it would break many ways that people use the app.

-a
Hello,

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributes to the development of this great app.

I would like to make a suggestion about the real-time networks list:
Would it be possible to add an option in order to change the color of the WPA3 logo please? In my opinion, the current color is way too similar to the WPA2 one. Therefore, it is difficult to easily distinguish if a network uses WPA2 or WPA3 encryption.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
On the Map screen, it would be awesome to see how many GPS sats are being seen just like on the Network list screen. I would take that instead of the database icon since I never use that number during a run.

I know the dot for current location indicates weak/lost GPS but it is not always something I can catch while moving.

Thanks

196 posts • Page 12 of 14

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”