RiGLE feature request

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby mentat » Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:45 am

Counties are cool, but San Diego county is huge. What are the chances of having an interface to RiGLE that allows specifing smaller areas (theoretically by lat lon) to generate mappacks from?

Postby arkasha » Sat Mar 23, 2002 3:08 am

you're totally right; there are a few counties (esp. in western states)
that really make for AMAZINGLY crowded (squished, skewed) map files....

Postby bobzilla » Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:49 pm

Doing any ol' random lat/long square will be possible once I get the GIS data into a real DB instead of flatfiles. I've got the importing perl done, I just have to port RiGLE over to using the DB, then expose that functionality on the website. We'll pry have to do some kind of grid system so that people can d/l blocks of area, and we can reuse ones that are already generated.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby mentat » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:32 am

What kind of grid system were you thinking about? It would be ideal (for me) for it to be a multiple of 200x200 meters for integration with Terraserver data (which comes in 200x200 meter tiles).

Postby bobzilla » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:00 pm

It would pry be some multiple of lat/long, so they would be a bit keystoned, but would make all the math nice and easy. What is approx 200x200 meters in lat/long? I could make it close. I'm really not to that stage yet, I'm just starting to get RiGLE to gen maps out of a db (I've got complete chains (lines), but not polys, landmarks, or FIPS names).
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”