Wigle Wifi for Android: Suggestions

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

156 posts • Page 11 of 11
that sounds like a great feature idea!

I don't have a device myself, but the use case makes a lot of sense.
You can open an issue on github (or submit a PR!) against the WiGLE WiFi Wardriving project to get it faster, but we've added it to our feature log!

-ark
Please arrange for networks data to be saved on phone reboot and displayed when wigle opens next time so it can still be uploaded.

Please also put the app version in wigle under settings about. I had to go to application manager to get it.

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback.

The data *is* saved to the phone on reboot, and will be included in the next transaction. The notion of "Runs" rely on in-memory state in order to keep a coherent portrait of a single execution of the program, but observations and networks are logged to the database as they occur. If you want to know whether you're out of sync, the "DB Marker" section of the "Database" screen in the application will describe the difference between the current database upload pointer and the total number of nets in the database. Anything you've previously detected is accessible to local search, and will manifest itself in the map tiles after upload if you turn them on. If you're worried a discovered network was missed, you can reset your database pointer to zero and upload *everything* again.

Cheers,

-ark

Postby on » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 pm

I don't know if this has been asked before but is it possible to add an option to only scan when phone is charging?

The use case is the phone stays in the car, plugged in to a cigarette lighter charger which only charges when the car is running. Having the app automatically shut itself off when the phone is not charging could be the difference between the phone dying (and not being able to scan at all) or not. Thanks!
While this isn't implemented directly in the app, you can do this today using the PAUSE and SCAN broadcast intents using an app like Tasker.

It has hooks for power connected/disconnected events, as well as a number of other cool conditions - just send the intent to pause or scan accordingly!

Postby dnc » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Maybe an option to export/import Wigle configuration? e.g.:
- Options stored on Settings
- MAC exclusion list

156 posts • Page 11 of 11

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”