Wigle Wifi for Android: Suggestions

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

199 posts • Page 3 of 14
Once we send the text to speak off to the android text-to-speech engine I'm not sure we have a hook to tell it to stop. Added both to TODO, no promises :)
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
It would be nice to have special sound signal when wigle wifi found open network.
P.S. Thanks, great app!
Love the App :D

Would it be possible to change the map view to align with the direction I'm driving in rather that always being North up?
Last edited by mparker37 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
What about an option to prevent the device going into standby and keep the screen at full brightness.

Cheers
It happened to me again, that i drove through the whole city and forgot to "Start scan". I usually watch Wigle in dashboard-mode and on the dashboard you can't see wether scanning is on or off.

Suggestion: Show the large lines on top (New: xxx) in red when scanning is off and in green when scanning is on. Should be fairly easy to implement.

Tnx!

The icons indicating WAP, WEP or no protection are hard to distinguish when the phone is mounted near the windscreen.

Suggestion: Use different colors for WAP, WEP and no protection.

Tnx!

mparker: The device will not go to standby when on dashboard tab.

Colorizing the icons is a fun idea. I don't use the stop-scanning mode much or I probably would have run into that problem too, we'll have to add some warnings when scanning is off. Added to TODO...
Added to TODO...
TNX!

Maybe you want to use these colored icons for a future release:

Statistic about how many non-secured, WEP and WPA. Also the possibility to toggle the visibility on each one on the map.

Is there a way to have a view of all the database on the map? If not, that would be something else I would like to have
mparker: The device will not go to standby when on dashboard tab.
Thanks for the tip, but I was after the function while viewing the map, so I can see where I've been
matmat07: there are already filters on both the list and map where you can set what is viewed, you can limit to certain ssid's using a regular expression, and there are checkboxes for other things including encryption.

Added database stats to TODO, other folks have mentioned that. There isn't a way to view the local db on the map, it would be tricky to display hundreds of thousands of data points on the fly, so would need to be a rendered tile kind of thing, so that's likely something we'll handle server-side.
Please make WiGLE compatible with the Bluetooth GPS app from (Googoo Android).

Many internal GPS are not that sensitive than an external Bluetooth GPS Mouse and this would be a nice and perfect solution ;-)

Image Image
Regards, WiFi-Freak
These are done with some hacking around the mock gps provider. Unfortunately I don't have such a device to test with, but we'll try to make it work.
Release 1.42 will hopefully work with bluetooth gps. I ordered one, but until it arrives I won't know :)

199 posts • Page 3 of 14

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”