Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Wiglewifi...

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

20 posts • Page 2 of 2
Is it possible to delete one's own SSID data by request?
Can I filter APs in database by security(wpa/wep/open) ? (2)
Can I see on the map all APs from database, not only current run ? (2)
Can I download from the site, all my uploaded database in KML or CSV format?
Can I download from the site all the data from a region in KML or CSV format?
Does wigle periodically delete old discovered wifi APs after a set duration?
Nope.
If there is no mechanism to delete old / out dated data, it becomes useless as time goes by
Nope, data can be filtered :) For instance, the start/end year filter on the web maps. If you have the data you can slice it however you want, if you delete data now you've lost that ability.
It would be good to show on the map areas that have been driven recently or have not been checked for some time, this would let users see what areas need to be checked more regularly, and where the unmapped areas are that need first-seen observations done.
How does webmaps determine the SSID of a BSSID?

For example: I have an access point with SSID of "X".
A few days later, I change the SSID to "Y", on the same access point.

What name will be displayed on the webmaps? First Seen ("X), Last Seen("Y"), or the name with more observations?
How does webmaps determine the SSID of a BSSID?

For example: I have an access point with SSID of "X".
A few days later, I change the SSID to "Y", on the same access point.

What name will be displayed on the webmaps? First Seen ("X), Last Seen("Y"), or the name with more observations?
Untill an upload with a scan of the accesspoints new SSID has been uploaded, it will be the previous name. After a scan of the accesspoint with the new name has been uploaded, and the webmaps have been refreshed (afair each morning US Eastern time), the new name will be displayed.
Its allways the last name used for the SSID on the BSSID, that will show up on the webmaps after they have been refreshed.
A direct query on the BSSID will show the last logged SSID, as soon as the uploaded datafile has been processed. Same goes for Jigle and any other Wigle visualization client, which queries the database directly.

Dutch

20 posts • Page 2 of 2

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”