Giskismet

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby MagicSata » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am

Is there any support for giskismet files?

I use kismet to do the wardriving (Cycling in my case) then giskismet to make them kml files.
I uploaded one and it only said 1 network.

I use the commands from here: http://blog.securityactive.co.uk/2009/0 ... cktrack-4/

Postby bobzilla » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Never heard of giskismet before. We support the native kismet output files though, probably best to upload those less-converted ones anyway.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby MagicSata » Thu May 05, 2011 11:16 am

I will do for now.

Any chance you could try and add support for them? I have over 1500 networks in them but don't have the netxml for them anymore.
If you want i could upload a few for you to look at.

Postby bobzilla » Thu May 05, 2011 12:31 pm

You could upload them and let us know the transaction id. If they're kml then hopefully it won't be to crazy, but everyone does kml differently with custom formats/data.

Postby MagicSata » Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 am

Heres a few:

Code: Select all

20110427-00032 0110506-00044
And yes, its KML. They open fine in google earth and show in maps so i don't expect it to be too hard.

Postby bobzilla » Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Since a user can upload a file not munged by this giskismet, it'll be low priority for us to do. It would probably be a lot faster if you make whatever changes are necessary to that file to make it parse correctly as one of the kml formats we already support. See the post file page for a list.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”