suggestion: be able to see who uploaded what

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
It just seems to me like a good idea to be able to see who uploaded what access points first that way when I see new AP's in my area that I didn't upload I'll know who the "competition" is, and I'd be nice to get in touch with fellow wardrivers, social networking in our community is important.
the implicaitions are heart-stopping; so we'll avoid stopping hearts.
check out the "Stumbler Meet and Greet" and feel free to broadcast your own activity!

-uhtu
Specifically: we go to great pains to maintain user privacy, we're not going to undermine that.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
that makes sense
What if there was an option in users profile for enabling his/her "first found" networks to be visible publicly? Of course with default option being disabled and making it hard to turn on by accident. I still think it would be nice to show, how do you participate in this project. Then maybe other people might start thinking to start with it too.
What if there was an option in users profile for enabling his/her "first found" networks to be visible publicly? Of course with default option being disabled and making it hard to turn on by accident. I still think it would be nice to show, how do you participate in this project. Then maybe other people might start thinking to start with it too.
That is kind of what the STATS page does. It shows:

Rank
Username
Discovered Wifi with GPS
Percentage of Total Wifi with GPS
All Wifi Recorded
Wifi This Month with GPS
Wifi Last Month with GPS
Discovered Cell Towers
Observed Cell Towers
First Post
Last Post

While it doesn't show their points on a map, it still shows how many a given user has logged. I agree 100% that they don't show who discovered a point first for privacy concerns.
opt in/opt out. give users the choice to decide, unless of course being the admins you guys don't want to give the choice by not making this feature available

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”