jigle won't work for me

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby chrislebec » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:27 am

unzipped into c:jigle. unzipped map files. exported my netstumbler and put the export into the c:jigle dir. ran the run.bat. it says asking wigle.net for data. then open another window that has n,s,e,w,in,out,sel,new. but no map. what am i doing wrong?

Postby bobzilla » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:09 am

How much ram is in the machine? it could be that jigle can't load up all the images and isn't displaying them. Also what version of java are you using? Make sure you are in the JiGLE directory when running the run.bat so that it is in your java classpath. You should have 3 png images and a .mappack file in JiGLE/JiGLEMap/maps/ (possibly more if you downloaded more mappacks and unzipped them in the JiGLE directory). Feel free to email or post if you can't get it to work.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
specs are:
msi k7n420 nforce mobo
athlon 1800xp cpu
512mb ram
60gb drive space (15gb free)
winxp pro
--------------------------------
java version 1.2.2
not sure where it came from. just found it on my system.
---------------------------------
running the run.bat from the jigle dir.
changed the run.bat to point to the java.exe (found if c:jrein)
---------------------------------
maps look right. 3 maps & a mappack for each map i downloaded

Postby bobzilla » Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:23 am

Theoretically it should run on a 1.2.2 jre, but the png support might not have been there yet, or something else strange. We work/test on 1.3.1 and 1.4.0, so if you grab one of those from java.sun.com then maybe the problems you're seeing will magickally go away. If that works let us know so we can put a warning that we require a later version of the jre.

Postby chrislebec » Fri May 03, 2002 8:10 am

and let you know......

Postby chrislebec » Fri May 03, 2002 8:17 am

the 1.2.2 does not. hey so now we know!

Postby bobzilla » Fri May 03, 2002 9:35 am

Thanks for letting us know, I'll put a warning up on the d/l page that it requires at least 1.3.

Postby ka9dgx » Tue May 07, 2002 9:47 pm

I have Java 1.3, but couldn't get JiGLE to work for me... until I picked up a clue that the ZIP file contained subdirectories. Is there any way to make JiGLE just work in a flat directory, or at least do a sanity check?
The command line version of PKzip doesn't default to subdirectories, otherwise I wouldn't have had this adventure.
--Mike--

Postby bobzilla » Sat May 18, 2002 9:44 am

Guess we should document that it must be unzipped with -d when using pkunzip. The cygwin unzip, winzip, and tar do it by default.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”