Problem with map

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby teone81 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 am

I have a problem with wifi map.
On the same with chrome the map don't refresh and don't show any wifi information, with i.e. the map refresh but don't don't show any wifi information.
I'm doing something wrong?
is there any setting to set up in the browser?

Don't work in al the world...

Postby mtbrandao » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 am

Maps doesn't work for me.

Instead of the map with the plotted wifi dot, I get the map with the message "Plot Error, Apologies".

Postby zilbork » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 am

The map is broken in Chrome and Safari on OS X here as well.

Postby craig131 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 am

Yup, broken for me too. Hopefully this is resolved soon because the map is one of the best features of this site.

Postby zilbork » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

I tried downloading JiGLE but the maptree for my area was last updated in December 2012, so yeah, having the online map working would be great.

Edit 3: as a new user, I've found that toggling first found/last update reveals that yes, the map for my area was last updated in December 2012. This supersedes prior edits.

Edit 4: can I import data into JiGLE from the Android client so that I can actually see it?

Postby mtbrandao » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Map is working again.
But still when the map is working (waiting for the networks to appear) the site stops.
Looks like heavy processing affecting the http server.

Postby larsnl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:58 pm

I was also experiencing problems for the last week, guess it was at the server. (tried different clients/internet connections)
As of today I think something has changed at the server side, ssid's are displayed much faster compared to the latest months.

Postby bobzilla » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Turns out it needed more ram allocated to the map servers, should be working better since friday afternoon.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”