newbie question - uploaded data

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

22 posts • Page 2 of 2

Postby uhtu » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:45 pm

the APs will pick up locations as they are seen subsequently, by you and others.

Postby bobzilla » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:00 am

Just upload the file(s) with coords. We keep observations seperately, so the more data we get about each point the better our "triangulation" will be. Repeats are fine, and even encouraged!

The current mappack maps were generated from census data from the year 2000. The web maps are generated from 2002 census data, so it's a little more up to date. There will be a client update at some point to do the new data, it's got some more work needed before it's ready tho.

Postby phiberop » Mon May 10, 2004 9:17 pm

I am having the same problem. I have uploaded data with gps cords and the stats page is saying zero for discovered with gps. What gives?

Postby bobzilla » Tue May 11, 2004 2:09 am

Responded to in other topic

Postby vxo » Wed May 26, 2004 12:26 am

I've just hit the same thing - selected the Wiscan output format in Macstumbler 0.75b, using a Motorola i88s phone with nmea output turned on from the internal gps.

The transaction IDs for the uploads are 20040525-00070 and 20040525-00071.

...Are these coordinates just messed up, or are they supposed to be that way? Also, in the future, if I use the default plist format, will this work without problems?

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:20 am

Just upload the file(s) with coords. We keep observations seperately, so the more data we get about each point the better our "triangulation" will be. Repeats are fine, and even encouraged!
Is there somewhere an explanation on how triangulation is done (formulas, ...)

Postby uhtu » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:15 am

see the FAQ for more information.

22 posts • Page 2 of 2

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”