data seems to have disappeared

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby tools » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 pm

i was scanning an area today, which had 500 plus access points, afte rgo though the area i clicked upload to wigle.net and Database > backup database so that i would not loose the data and would be able to go back and look at the map to find the access points it found in a certain area.

But now i have nothing for that area just a small area close to my home and nothing else. I am new to wigle.net so if anyone can help me figure out how to view the map with the access points on it.

Also is there a way to view view a backup file on a desktop? so that i can export database and put that into some app so view?

Thanks

Postby bobzilla » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:44 am

The app only shows the latest networks from the latest run on the map, since the mobile devices can't handle too much data at once. There are csv and kml export buttons on the 'database' view. They will show up in the virtual sdcard on the device in the <sdcard>/wiglewifi/ directory. You can then import the kml into another viewer. Or just upload to wigle.net and view on the web maps, with or without filtering for networks you've discovered.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”