Why is my Percentage Quality Locations so low?

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

23 posts • Page 2 of 2

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:17 am

I've generally got rather low percentage... but that's probably because I've got a really killer setup.

9db omni antenna, 20db receive amp, and kismet with orinoco card. Kinda cheezes me that my data is "bad" just because it is better than most.

Postby uhtu » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:49 am

badness is always relative. its not "bad" per-se.. it just didn't get by the filters.

but no matter how good your rig is, if you're sitting on a hill with a 3m dish and report a point .5 mile from where it actually is (or more to the point, where its been reported by a larger number others), its not a "good" report. :-)

aggregation sites work best in the aggregate.

of course, with a killer setup, you'll get more unique points that other people just don't see.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:49 am

This is true... I just ran up from Jacksonville,KY to Lexington, KY. I had 3188 networks, with some 1900 new ones... even though I stayed on I-75 most of the way, and some of the area on my "old turf".

Oh yeah, I'm adz133 on the stats.

Postby uhtu » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:13 am

heh, so you're not doin' so bad :-)

have you looked over your kismet logs with any of the war* scripts to see if you'd lost gps fix on any of them? i know that's burned a couple folks on long runs (myself included)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:56 pm

yeah, I made sure I didn't lose GPS.

oh well... fun no matter what!

Postby bobzilla » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:23 pm

I'm debating loosing that stat, since it's not all that informative, and it takes a really really long time to generate since it requires multiple hits to the 25 million+ row location table.

Postby FLECOM » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:27 pm

ouch! :shock:

bet that puts a bit of a load on the database server :!:

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:13 am

Hey flecom! Didn't know you were here... :)

With a DB that big, and a request that enormous... heheh it might not be a bad idea.

23 posts • Page 2 of 2

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”