JiGLE Problems

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby WestonReed » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:42 am

I've downloaded JiGLE on my Linux computer to see a map of all of my observations, but it always crashes right after I login to my WiGLE account.

Has anyone else had this problem?

On another note, is there any way to view my observations in a list format? Whenever I use the search feature it gives me a bad request when I click "Show only networks I was first to discover".

Postby arkasha » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:35 am

Hi WestonReed,

Sounds like this is a multi-part problem, but I've started by fixing the search for "only first observed by me" - you're the first person to discover that error since the release of the new API! (thank you) I've deployed the new fix, and you should at least be able to browse using that.

If you're a programmer, you'll be able to access the API directly - see api.wigle.net and your account tokens at your account page to make these requests directly and translate them into the format of your choice.

The JiGLE issue is an interesting one, and I'll look into that next; it may be related to your Java version and the HTTPS certificate we use - we're using LetsEncrypt certs, and older Java versions won't have the correct root certificates to handle it. If you can, can you send us the error logs from JiGLE to help us see what the problem you're having is?

Cheers, and thanks for your interest!

Postby WestonReed » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks for you help.

The search query no longer returns "Bad Request" when I try to search for only the networks I discovered, but it doesn't actually return the networks I discovered, instead displaying all networks sorted by MAC.

I have noticed that the "Must Be a FreeNet" & "Must Be a Commercial Pay Net" also experience the same bug.

Postby WestonReed » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 am

For the JiGLE problems, I am using openjdk version "1.8.0_121", which I believe includes the ISRG root certificate, so SSL should work.

For some reason, the console does not output any sort of message when it crashes. Is there a way I can launch it in debug mode?

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”