Map Color

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby thwiggle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:28 am

I love this site but I've one remark / request regarding the Google map on wigle.net

Since some time the map is displayed in gray scales. For me this is not an improvement because it's much harder to distinguish between residential areas / roads and nature on the map. I'd vote to display the map in color again, or maybe even make an (user) setting of this.

Keep up the good work!

Postby arkasha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 pm

This is precisely the discussion we've had internally about the change. The black-and-white was meant to make the data more visible, but there are some practical problems with it, especially for certain tasks (like the one you've mentioned - finding streets gets more difficult as well). A user setting will be coming soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Postby arkasha » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi - we're still wiring this into UI and preferences - but if you add on of

Code: Select all

&mapstyle=grey

&mapstyle=night
, or

&mapstyle=standard
(original google maps flavor) to the map and basic search URLs (followed by <enter>), you'll be able to load the pages in the style that suits your current purpose best.

Cheers,

-Ark

Postby arkasha » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:37 pm

First version of the UI implemented - let me know what you think, what else you'd like to see/change!

Postby KFy5xHA3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:42 pm

First version of the UI implemented - let me know what you think, what else you'd like to see/change!
Thanks for making it configurable. I prefer the standard map over the greyscale map.

Postby TROMOS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Configurable is a winner! Those that liked the change can keep it, those that preferred the old way (including me) can also get what they want. :D

Postby thwiggle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Great, thank you!

Postby pejacoby » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 pm

There was no "Like" button, so :D

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”