Can't search ssid

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby DrScan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:56 am

Hi everyone!
After several attempts i can't search ssid at View/Advanced search... Every time i got the same Error: "Search Failed: Undefined".
Does anybody know what is the problem? I tried to use different browsers at different OS and got the same error...

P.s. Made post here, because can't write in other threads.
Scan here, scan there, scan everywhere :D

Postby arkasha » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:08 am

Hi DrScan - the SSID search seems to be working in general - can you describe any non alphanumeric characters your search might contain?

Cheers, and thanks for your interest,

-ark

Postby DrScan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks for your reply!
But i've found that it works some time, and after 5+ request, i get the same error:
And also i've found, that i can't correctly upload my files to the server.
I've upload two same files (*.kml), and nothing happen... I don't see any network from my files on the map...
Screenshot is below:
Do you know, what could be the problem?

Postby DrScan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Tried to upload a *.netxml file - no problem, everything worked, but with *.kml it doesn't work...

Postby arkasha » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi Doc,

From what program are you generating the KML files?

Cheers,

-ark

Postby DrScan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:57 am

I used this script https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Scot ... xml2kml.py
to convert *.netxml from kismet to *.kml to see all networks that i've scanned on the google map. Now i upload native *.netxml from kismet and everything is fine. But i still have a troubles with searching SSID in Advanced search, it works several times, and then i have same error that i posted earlier:

Postby arkasha » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Doc,

Your query limit should have automatically updated since then - can you test and confirm?

Re: KML: that output from that script is probably not compatible with the KML upload formats we do support - see the upload page for the list. The NetXML output should contain all the same data, so the KML would be redundant anyway; no need to send it. You can test your uploads by clicking the transaction ID of any completed upload on https://wigle.net/uploads to download a KML copy of the data we used from the upload.
Note: this output will not include data whose timestamp or accuracy field rendered it unusable for trilateration in the WiGLE system, so if some data is excluded, that because the export or GPS fix didn't indicate that it was a high-accuracy observation.

Postby DrScan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Now, everything looks great!
I can search SSID at the Advanced Search!
Thank you very much!!!

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”