Bug? Wrong and incomplete Network data

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby -kw » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi,

I just discovered am example for a network, that has wrong/incomplete data.

Image

As you can see, that "most recent" date is before fist discovery and the at the bottom, no observations are given? This network should not exist in the database :P

I can PM you the MAC if wanted.

Kind regards,
-kw
Attachments
hc_001.jpg
hc_001.jpg (137.1 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Image
Interesting - please do PM us the MAC address!

Postby -kw » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:28 pm

You got a PM :)
Image
I don't know why the observations are missing. Maybe that happens when a network is only present in the .netxml file but not in the .gpsxml file (or the other way around)?


I've seen the weird dates before. Here's an example for 2e:ae:2b:74:78:2b, which I discovered yesterday (2017-07-08T15:43:54Z):

Wigle.net reports:
First Seen 2017-07-09T01:47:02.000Z
Most Recently Seen 2017-07-09T13:04:33.000Z

The first seen timestamp comes from the .netxml data but is time shifted by 7 hours. Probably some wigle.net timezone problem.
The most recently seen timestamp is the time when wigle.net processed my uploaded .netxml and .gpsxml files.


The .netxml file:

<wireless-network number="2689" type="ad-hoc" first-time="Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017" last-time="Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017">
<BSSID>2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B</BSSID>
<manuf>Unknown</manuf>
<channel>0</channel>
<freqmhz>2457 3</freqmhz>
...
<seen-card>
<seen-uuid>d3d90f70-640d-11e7-8e87-30040c171802</seen-uuid>
<seen-time>Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017</seen-time>
<seen-packets>3</seen-packets>
</seen-card>
<wireless-client number="1" type="ad-hoc" first-time="Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017" last-time="Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017">
<client-mac>2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B</client-mac>
<client-manuf>Unknown</client-manuf>
<channel>0</channel>
<freqmhz>2457 3</freqmhz>
...
<seen-card>
<seen-uuid>d3d90f70-640d-11e7-8e87-30040c171802</seen-uuid>
<seen-time>Sat Jul 8 18:47:02 2017</seen-time>
<seen-packets>3</seen-packets>
</seen-card>
</wireless-client>
</wireless-network>

The timestamps in all my netxml files are in UTC, but they are usually off by several hours (up to a day, except for the first months of 2016 when they were off by a year), because I'm running two kismet drones whose data isn't processed until I get home.


The .gpsxml file:
<gps-point bssid="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" source="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" time-sec="1499528634" time-usec="830126" lat="52.717709" lon="5.867214" spd="0.000000" heading="0.000000" fix="3" alt="-2.279999" signal_dbm="-53" noise_dbm="0"/>
<gps-point bssid="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" source="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" time-sec="1499528634" time-usec="832215" lat="52.717709" lon="5.867214" spd="0.000000" heading="0.000000" fix="3" alt="-2.279999" signal_dbm="-51" noise_dbm="0"/>
<gps-point bssid="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" source="2E:AE:2B:74:78:2B" time-sec="1499528634" time-usec="834411" lat="52.717709" lon="5.867214" spd="0.000000" heading="0.000000" fix="3" alt="-2.279999" signal_dbm="-53" noise_dbm="0"/>

$ date --utc --date=@1499528634
Sat Jul 8 15:43:54 UTC 2017

The timestamps in my gpsxml files are accurate.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests