Ranking suggestions

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby resu-repus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:09 pm

My wife had a great suggestion today which I'm passing on to here:

Why not have user stats page Rankings start at 0, to account for the fact that 'anonymous' isn't any single user, but a collection of users uploading anonymously.

That way, any single register member (and individual) can explain to friends colleagues, etc "I'm the #5 ranked individual on Wigle" instead of having to explain "I'm #6, but really, you can -1 to get my actual ranking among individual registered WarRoamers, because anonymous isn't any single registered user. So where it says #6, that means I'm #5 among registered members." This can be kinda confusing to explain to people who aren't familiar with Wigle.net and/or are not so technical.

Further, I notice the Groups starts at Ranking #0 - so I might even go further to suggest Group Rankings should start at #1 and User Rankings start at #0 (because anonymous will always be at the top, realistically speaking.)

Postby TROMOS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:33 am

Better still, move 'anonymous' to the group rankings as this is really the correct place for them. That way the rankings can still start from 1 and 0 as current.
TROMOS

Postby resu-repus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Better still, move 'anonymous' to the group rankings as this is really the correct place for them. That way the rankings can still start from 1 and 0 as current.
TROMOS
That's an even better idea. :)

Postby aardvark11 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:57 pm

This is a great idea.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”