Vector Maps

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby rmolby » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:27 pm

I can't seem to find a way to generate vector maps. Any ideas?

I would much prefer vecot maps as they look better and it's easier to make out the roads.

Thanx

Postby bobzilla » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:08 pm

The vector maps require no generation, they are all available in the mappack/maptree page. The raster maps are generated from the vector maps, so the 2.4 rasters will look the same as the vector maps. The vector maps allow further zooming and nicer labeling of streets though, since they are dynamically drawn. But the vector maps currently only work with JiGLE.

Postby arkasha » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:51 pm

are you looking to make vector maps for outside of the USA? We'd love to do it, but datasets are few and encumbered.
Every time I've tried to generate an update to the Washington County, MN mappack, I'm told there's already a pack being worked on, try again later. I do, and I get the same message ;-)

Is there an optimal time to request a new pack generation? I get the impression these requests don't queue...or do they?

Postby rmolby » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:52 am

The vector maps require no generation, they are all available in the mappack/maptree page.
Ummm, I don't think so, go to the OKlahoma state page. Vector maps? NOT!
The raster maps are generated from the vector maps, so the 2.4 rasters will look the same as the vector maps. The vector maps allow further zooming and nicer labeling of streets though, since they are dynamically drawn. But the vector maps currently only work with JiGLE.

Postby uhtu » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:16 pm

well i'll be.
i swear .ok.us was still in the states...

we'll have a look. thanks for the heads-up.

mappacks occasionally get hung up.
if it persists (when our enterprise monitoring division screws up and dosen't notify the WiGLE NOC) just let us know in the forums/irc/wigle-admin[at]wigle.net and we'll poke it with the
WiGLE-poking-stick^tm

Postby pejacoby » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:02 pm

Woo woo! No need for the wigle poking stick...

"A Version 2.4 MapPack for this county has not been generated
yet, but a request has just been made to generate one.
Check back on this page in about 5 minutes and it should be ready."

Feel free to take a break in the Comfy Chair(tm) as need be.

Postby mycroft » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:23 am

*phew*

At least you didn't banish them to Blorch... the slaughtering rat people would severely degrade the WiGLE Customer Service Organization.

Postby rmolby » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:22 am

well i'll be.
i swear .ok.us was still in the states...

we'll have a look. thanks for the heads-up.

mappacks occasionally get hung up.
if it persists (when our enterprise monitoring division screws up and dosen't notify the WiGLE NOC) just let us know in the forums/irc/wigle-admin[at]wigle.net and we'll poke it with the
WiGLE-poking-stick^tm
I appreciate it, I should receive my GPS receiver shortly, and I travel through most of my county daily and would like to scan while I'm at it.

As of this posting the vector maps were not back yet, BTW.

Rich

Postby bobzilla » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:30 am

It turns out vector maptrees for OK were never generated. We'll try to get them made soon, until then the rasters will have to do.

Postby rmolby » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:42 pm

It turns out vector maptrees for OK were never generated. We'll try to get them made soon, until then the rasters will have to do.
Cool, thanks for getting that taken care of!

Cheers,

Rich

Postby uhtu » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:34 pm

I apologise for the extended delay.
Vector maptrees of oklahoma are now available for download.

Please let us know if we've let any other states slip through!

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”