Reno/Sparks Metro Area

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby fo0bar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:46 am

Hey, a group of us in the Reno area are into wifi/scanning. I've got 38 in the database (though they show up as anonymous; this is being fixed hopefully), drxeno has 32 with more on the way, and we're getting more people in on this.

Per arkasha's suggestion, I'm going to go out and get the coordinate range of the Reno/Sparks Metropolitan Area for a city map pack. Washoe County is huge and mostly unpopulated, but since it's huge, the resolution of the reno area is very blurry in JiGLE.

For my own reference, here is what I'll consider the edges of this area:
West: I80 exit 7
East: I80 exit 21
North: I395 exit 73 - Golden Valley underpass
South: 57b - South S. Virginia underpass

Postby bobzilla » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:54 am

I've set your points to be owned by fo0bar, glad to have you on board. :) Doing the city mappacks shouldn't be too hard with the way i have the db set up, hopefully it won't take too long...
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby fo0bar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:18 am

Actually, I think I'll go out tonight and get those coordinates. Get some scenic driving done :)

Postby fo0bar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:14 am

Okay, here's the coordinates for the Reno/Sparks city map....

NW corner: lat 39.59891 long -119.92461
SE corner: lat 39.40875 long -119.70161

Also, my entry on the stats page shows 38 discovered, but 0 total. Other than that, it looks like everything was switched over. Thanks!

Postby bobzilla » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:14 am

i updated the networks, but not the locations, sorry about that, it's fixed now. Thanks for the coords, i'll see if i can get the custom city stuff working soon.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”