JiGLE with a proxy

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby mentat » Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:34 am

Is there a way to use JiGLE with a proxy? If there isn't I'd like this feature added. My network connection at work doesn't allow direct connections and it would be nice to still be able to browse the maps.

Postby arkasha » Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:00 am

well, we don't have proxy yet (it's through :80 now, but we could make the port flexible, or use other means of getting the data... what kinda of connections interest you?); you _can_ cache datasets and use them locally though, (for whatever that's worth)

Postby mentat » Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:28 am

I just want to tell JiGLE to use a squid proxy instead of a direct connection. In my particular case I have the proxy mapped to localhost:3128 via SSH. So I want to say something like -proxy localhost:3128 or something like that. I can use cache for now though.

Postby arkasha » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:26 pm

ok... just impl'd _something_... interested in testing it for us? e-mail agonni@netscape.net w/ details for alpha ver. delivery.

Postby mentat » Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:29 am

I use cygwin bash for my shell and when I specify something like ./run.bat -cache "cache", JiGLE will connect to WiGLE and download the networks, but it won't every write out the cache. I don't think it's the cygwin thing, but I figured I'd throw that in. As another data point, if I do something silly like, -cache "cache" -getcache "cache" it will say it can't read the cache file and then will print out an error trying to write the cache file, whereas when it is successful connecting to WiGLE it doesn't print out anything mentioning the cache file.

Postby bobzilla » Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:37 pm

Whoops, a >= became a <= for some reason, it's fixed in the new version. You can only do caching on the first map you load up, not on any you switch too, this will pry become in option in later releases once we start using more of a gui and less relying soley on command line options.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby arkasha » Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:06 pm

with help from mentat21, we've added (working) proxy support into the next release. thanks for your help!

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”