.tar.gz and also .tgz?

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby mahlerrd » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:26 pm

When posting a file, the upload process should accept files named .tgz as well as .tar.gz.

If that were implemented then I, a crotchety old badger, wouldn't have to relearn typing my tar command. As it stands, I tar -czf it to a .tgz, move it, upload it, watch it fail, headchuck myself, rename the file as .tar.gz, upload again and watch it be successful.

Or, actually, I've only done it once so far, but I've only got my *nix box set up and working with Kismet last night...

Or shall I just wear a helmet?

Thanks,

Postby i_do_dew » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:53 am

As part of your move step why not just rename it? there is no real difference in the file contents. Just that the .tgz was a TLA convenince for windows users.

Postby goldfndr » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:01 am

Try this. Warning: may be buggy or erase files, proceed at your own risk.

Code: Select all

wigle () { local p=$1; local n=""; shift; for e in gps csv xml; do for f in $*; do n="$n $f.$e"; done; done; echo tar cvzf $p.tar.gz $n; tar cvzf $p.tar.gz $n }

Postby Dutch » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:41 pm

Try this. Warning: may be buggy or change uploadcredit to goldfndr for the files, proceed at your own risk.
FIXED !!

:wink:

Dutch
[url=http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/StatGroup/listusers?groupid=20041206-00006][img]http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dutch/netstumblerwigle.gif[/img][/url]

Postby mahlerrd » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:38 am

All great suggestions, thanks!

As a short aside, is there a way to upload files without the web page? I mean, I could always use, say, lynx, but it'd be really great if I could just ftp them straight to wigle.net with my username and password... that'd be really easily scriptable so goldfndr's "wigle.sh" could be the start of a full service script that tar and gzips today's file, then uploads it without further interaction.

Postby mahlerrd » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:23 am

Also, is there a way to cancel an upload?

I accidentally used too permissive of a glob pattern when getting my last set of files ready and accidentally uploaded like 50 files, most of which have already been uploaded.

I don't expect it to cause any problems (other than keeping the server busy for a while), but it would really be nice if I could cancel or delete those jobs.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”