wow...everybody buying online ?

A "craigslist" for wifi gear. Keep it reasonable.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby mpeg4ever » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:35 pm

so....a year and a half and no messages...meaning everybody is fine with mobiles or same setup as years back ? or.... buying everything online ?
ATM I use a mobile while driving or walking in towns, nothing special, but at least I can do it all the time.
Ciao

Postby 32894156 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:30 am

Having finally allowed by two Moto X4's to upgrade to Android Pi, they are both now useless for wardriving. So, what I need is a new phone, ideally one that has a very fast scanning rate, Turbo-charge capability, replaceable battery.
I also have another question: Since I don't need telephone capability, can I run a smartphone WITHOUT cellphone ability? Android, specifically Google Maps, allows collecting data for "offline maps" (by means of wifi when available), so that navigation can be done without cell data ability. Is that possible with Wigle as well?

Postby ecramp » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:37 pm

"can I run a smartphone WITHOUT cellphone ability?"
Yes, you can use an old phone with a SIM card but you don't need a phone number/account, all you need is a functioning GPS on the phone and then you can upload via WiFi when you get home.

Postby Wolfess » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:57 am

I need to get like a Getac laptop and a mag mount 2.4ghz antenna for the Alfa USB card. L-com has good antenna for that. The phone smarts are too slow and everytime I upload despite saying it found a lot on the app I only end up with like 10% of that or less when it gets uploaded into the site.

Postby pretenda » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:18 am

so....a year and a half and no messages...meaning everybody is fine with mobiles or same setup as years back ? or.... buying everything online ?
ATM I use a mobile while driving or walking in towns, nothing special, but at least I can do it all the time.
Ciao
I just have a i7 laptop in the car with a USB GPS and a Alfa AWUS1900 WiFi Adapter. The whole thing is powered by 12v pure sinewave power inverter from the cigarette lighter.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Buy / Sell / Trade”