[Solved] Error Code : 266 (SQLITE_IOERR_READ)

Issues with the Android network detection software. Please include Software version, Android version, and device when reporting

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Not changed anything since I last used Wigle, and it hasn't updated recently.

I'm able to browse to /sdcard/wiglewifi and view/open the files therein in Astro.

Anything else I can do to help diagnose this?

(And preview is showing this error log as all one line for some reason - see what happens when I post...)

Code: Select all

WigleWifi error log - 30 Aug 2017 15:40:54 versionName: 2.21 baseError: SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266) ################################################################# Error Code : 266 (SQLITE_IOERR_READ) Caused By : Disk I/O error occurred during 'read' operation. (disk I/O error (code 266)) ################################################################# packageName: net.wigle.wigleandroid MODEL: SM-G900F RELEASE: 6.0.1 BOARD: MSM8974 BRAND: samsung DEVICE: klte DISPLAY: MMB29M.G900FXXS1CQD1 FINGERPRINT: samsung/kltexx/klte:6.0.1/MMB29M/G900FXXS1CQD1:user/release-keys HOST: SWHE8813 ID: MMB29M PRODUCT: kltexx TAGS: release-keys TIME: 1490871180000 TYPE: user USER: dpi Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
Last edited by shabble on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attempt to post whole error (thought later parts were simply part of previous error)

Reading through it, some of the paths reference /storage/emulated/0/wiglewifi/

/storage/emulated/0 doesn't exist. (/storage/emulated/ does.)

==============

WigleWifi error log - 30 Aug 2017 15:40:54
versionName: 2.21
baseError: SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
#################################################################
Error Code : 266 (SQLITE_IOERR_READ)
Caused By : Disk I/O error occurred during 'read' operation.
(disk I/O error (code 266))

packageName: net.wigle.wigleandroid
MODEL: SM-G900F
RELEASE: 6.0.1
BOARD: MSM8974
BRAND: samsung
DEVICE: klte
DISPLAY: MMB29M.G900FXXS1CQD1
FINGERPRINT: samsung/kltexx/klte:6.0.1/MMB29M/G900FXXS1CQD1:user/release-keys
HOST: SWHE8813
ID: MMB29M
PRODUCT: kltexx
TAGS: release-keys
TIME: 1490871180000
TYPE: user
USER: dpi
Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)

java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.run(DatabaseHelper.java:318)
Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.nativeExecuteForCursorWindow(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.executeForCursorWindow(SQLiteConnection.java:980)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteSession.executeForCursorWindow(SQLiteSession.java:836)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.fillWindow(SQLiteQuery.java:62)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.fillWindow(SQLiteCursor.java:143)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.getCount(SQLiteCursor.java:132)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:219)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToFirst(AbstractCursor.java:258)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.getCountFromDB(DatabaseHelper.java:1054)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.getNetworkCountFromDB(DatabaseHelper.java:1007)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.run(DatabaseHelper.java:228)
Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)

main] service: onbind. intent: Intent { cmp=net.wigle.wigleandroid/.WigleService }
main] setting phone inactive. state: 0
main] MAIN: pause.
main] LIST: paused.
main] current lang: en new lang:
main] latest filename: errorstack_1504103746107.txt
main] ErrorReport onCreate
main] invoke: onInit
main] locale: eng_GBR doLanguage: false lang: eng
main] MAIN: onCreateOptionsMenu.
main] MAIN: onSaveInstanceState
main] MAIN: stop.
main] LIST: stop.
dbworker-Thread-11725] Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
dbworker-Thread-11725] exists: true dir: true read: true write: true path: /storage/emulated/0
dbworker-Thread-11725] Writing stackfile to: /storage/emulated/0/wiglewifi/errorstack_1504104054466.txt/errorstack_1504104054466.txt
dbworker-Thread-11725] Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
dbworker-Thread-11725] Thread: Thread[dbworker-Thread-11725,5,main] throwable: java.lang.RuntimeException: DatabaseHelper throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: disk I/O error (code 266)
dbworker-Thread-11725] exists: true dir: true read: true write: true path: /storage/emulated/0
dbworker-Thread-11725] Writing stackfile to: /storage/emulated/0/wiglewifi/errorstack_1504104054519.txt/errorstack_1504104054519.txt
Yikes - this looks like an actual disk-level interaction problem - SD memory does age and develop flaws.

1. If you can back up your SQLite database: DO IT! (see if you can copy the file off via ADB/your favorite file manager).
2. Depending on your usual use case for WiWiWa, there are a few things you can try:
- If you want to keep all data on-device: rename the old SQLite DB (.old or something - just so it keeps occupying the potentially bad disk blocks), copy the backup back into place, see whether it works. (Please let us know in either case)
- If you can successfully back-up, but the new file also fails, this means one of a. a corrupt SQLite file b. a bug in the SQLite implementation (!?) or c. a bad SD card. If the card (and it's modular) a replacement is strongly recommended. If it's a.) it may well be reparable. If it's b... eep.
- If you just want WiWiWa to stop complaining, you can delete the old DB, restore from WiGLE. This will mean you don't keep all your old observations on-device, but you'll still have them in backup form as well as on WiGLE.
- If you want to get really into debugging, you can run consistency checks on your device (or much more easily on the SD card, if it's removable). If these pass, then we get into "is there a bug in this implementation of SQLite?"

Thanks for the report, sorry for the difficulties,
-ark
Ah - high chance of the SD being buggered then.

Can't really off-line check it since it's encrypted, and joined to the in-phone FS as internal storage.

Time for a new card and phone reset I think.

Ta for the response.
While probably not quite the best workaround (I have an extant bus pass on my phone preventing me from wiping the phone ATM) renaming the wigle folder and restarting stopped the error.

Not too worried about saving local stuff, been through phone wipes previously and simply grabbed the remote list.

Consider this closed, at least AFAIC.

Ta for the pointer.
Great, thanks for all the info. We'll archive this thread so that people in similar circumstances can read up.

Two final notes:
1. That particular error should be isolated so long as you don't delete the old filesystem allocation (handing the damaged flash cell(s) back as "free" space.)

2. Unfortunately, enough usage or strain (power supply inconsistency, heat, physical force, etc) to cause *one* flash memory failure is often enough to cause more - be warned that the time until the next failure will likely be shorter!

good luck and keep on stumbling!

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE WiFi Wardriving Bugs”