upload error

Issues with the Android network detection software. Please include Software version, Android version, and device when reporting

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby dqfinhead » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:26 pm

after collecting for a while and trying to upload (this is the error pop up message from the app):

Fail: Exception Error: ex problem: java.lang.RuntimeException: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long

File location: /storage/emulated/0/wiglewifi/WigleWifi_20180826163923.csv

I guess when you Upload it looks through the app's database to pull out records it hasn't uploaded yet? I can still collect but when I upload I get the same error (different csv file name). Is there a way to clear that error without losing all my collection data?

thanks,
d

(I did email the csv file to the developers along with error_stack_files that appear to be generated on these errors.)

Postby dqfinhead » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Just for the record, in case anyone else has problems, it looks like my error was a problem with bad credentials being stored in the keystore on my phone, an S4. After I completely logged out of the app and rebooted uploads started working again - I did not appear to have lost all the data I had collected. Many thanks to bobzilla for the help! Since then I have not had any problems. I remember when I first started I had to reauthorize/login almost every time so maybe I was finally able to clear out something that was cached.

Postby arkasha » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:48 pm

As a note to people who are worried: we write data to the local db as it's collected - you'll rarely lose data even if you forget to upload or the app crashes!
In some weird cases, the "marker" which differentiates between new and old data might get set forward of data that hasn't been successfully uploaded - in this case, you can reset it to zero and upload *EVERYTHING* - WiGLE can safely ignore the duplicates, but it can take a while if you have a big local collection of data.

If you store your database on "external" storage ("Allow WiWiWa to access pictures and files" or whatever needlessly vague description Google gives that permission on your Android flavor), even uninstalling and re-installing the app won't delete your observations - you can reinstall and it will pick up the database where you left off (but make sure to authenticate in the new install before uploading!).

Cheers,

-ark

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE WiFi Wardriving Bugs”