New maps and Safari macOS issues

Report issues with the site here. Please include browser and page information in your reports.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby pejacoby » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:32 am

A couple of items noticed with the new maps, running Safari 12.0.3 on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

On the main page, I've seen several errors hiding in the javascript console. See the image. [Edited] The Info messages are consistent, I have not seen the jquery errors after refreshing. I see the 404 on https://wigle.net/js/dygraph-combined.js.map consistently.
Note also that the 'geolocation refused: [object PositionError]' message is logged whether I allow Wigle to access my location or not.

The Map does not respond to the Filter settings for "Only Discovered by Me" and "Only Discovered by Others". It appears to show all dots all the time.

I logged out and back in again, and force-refreshed the page, and Emptied Caches from the Develop menu.

The map filters work just fine in Chrome 72.

I will poke at things some more, but anyone else with Mac Safari seeing issues with filtering?
Attachments
Wiglenet-mainpage-Safari javascript console.png
Wiglenet-mainpage-Safari javascript console.png (61.24 KiB) Viewed 33943 times
Confirmed.

I'm seeing data points on maps in Safari not appearing at all.

And on Linux & Firefox, not even the maps are rendering, let alone data points.

[edited to add:] Data on Safari finally turned up. Takes awhile to load, but cannot seem to filter any of the data - just get everyone's data no matter if I click to show me only my own. Still no maps or data points on up to date versions of Firefox on Linux tho.

Postby arkasha » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Solid catches on these:

.map files: debug info the console requests to de-condense minified JavaScript. Only happens when the console is loaded, so harmless!

Somehow the new library isn't willing to send auth session cookies to the tile server in safari, we're working on it! All the filters but (only mine, only others) should still work.

The Linux issue is new, can you send us JavaScript console output?
Probably not surprising, but the same issues are also see in iOS Safari on iPhone XS under iOS 12.1.4.

Also gave things a shot with Safari Tech Preview Release 76 (Safari 12.2, WebKit 13608.1.6.2) and it is very unhappy trying to load tiles, no dots at all. You'll see there are 300+ errors, most complaining about access control checks.
Attachments
SafariTechPreview r76-Wigle.net.png
SafariTechPreview r76-Wigle.net.png (153.93 KiB) Viewed 33928 times

Postby arkasha » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:26 pm

try with wigle.net instead of www.wigle.net in the browser bar! ;)
Is this the JavaScript console output you're looking for?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-02-24 23-56-39.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-24 23-56-39.png (194.83 KiB) Viewed 33926 times

Postby pejacoby » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 am

try with wigle.net instead of www.wigle.net in the browser bar! ;)
Ah geeze, didn't even think of that. Though shouldn't it work either way?

Safari Tech Preview is happier with wigle.net but still fails in the same way as regular Safari.

I figured out the cause of the jQuery error on the main page map -- the page throws a jquery error "TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'f.parentnode')" in dojo.js:2595:152 when searching for a location on the home page map and then dismissing the 'Search Results' box.

Postby arkasha » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:33 pm

quick update - basic CORS stuff should be fixed between www.wigle.net and wigle.net query URLS, but we still haven't gotten to the core of Safari's refusal to transmit session header. We'll keep working on it.

-ark

Postby arkasha » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the input on this. I think we've got Safari fixed - would you mind clearing caches and retesting to make sure onlymine/others works on safari now?
Nailed it guys, Safari is now very happy to render only my dots!

Confirmed on macOS and iOS.

Thanks for the fix!
One other issue -- the main Map page under View never "finishes" loading in Safari, at least if you show the Javascript console. The console Timelines clock just keeps running, unlike other pages where the clock stops. On the Home page map, this doesn't happen.

If you zoom and load more tiles, you'll see the request count increment while the clock keeps going.

I'm not seeing exactly what is keeping things 'running', but will look more closely and add comments if I can spot the culprit.

Added two more screen shots, one showing the last action loading a tile pbf, and a third showing the Script/Event. What is keeping the clock going, Safari thinks something is happening...
Attachments
wigle-main map clock runs last Script event.png
wigle-main map clock runs last Script event.png (144.74 KiB) Viewed 33869 times
wigle-main map clock runs last tick.png
wigle-main map clock runs last tick.png (160.46 KiB) Viewed 33869 times
wigle-main map clock runs.png
wigle-main map clock runs.png (56.24 KiB) Viewed 33872 times

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Site Bugs”