Cross Country Wardrive

Notes regarding project status and info

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ThePie69 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm going on "half way across the country" wardrive and my laptop doesn't have bluetooth just so all that post no that. Not having bluetooth limites wardriving in some way so I just threw that out there. Anyway I was using the wigle android app to test some stuff around town but when I'n done I want to be able to view my map file I made and maybe edit some points, for example move them to the other side of the street or something. I'll try to post some info along the way on here If anybody even respondes to this. But I would like to know if I need to export the files some way in wigle android or save them before exiting at a rest stop or anyhting. Also to get the file from phone to a pc application to view/edit the map. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Postby uhtu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Data Tab -> KML Export DB will produce a kml file you can use.

getting it off your device is probably best done via usb file transfer cable, or emailing it to yourself (lacking the bluetooths.)

-uhtu

Postby ThePie69 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 am

So, actually this was a half way across the country wardrive. Ended up with a kml file around 4050kb! Can;t even view it in google earth or anything its so big. Any one know of a kml file splitter or something?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”