File parsing seems to be halted...

Notes regarding project status and info

70 posts • Page 1 of 5

Postby rsandu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:08 am

Hello,

File parsing seems to be halted from last night. There are about 500 files in queque in this moment.

Friendly regards,
Răzvan

Postby uhtu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 am

everything is running. just slow (and the files processed is updated when the batch completes)

-uhtu

Postby rsandu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:12 pm

That's interesing, thanks !
For the sake of curiosity, is there a massive file in queque or a massive wardriving operation undergoing ?

Răzvan
I may confirm, now, that file processing is stucked, since one of my files (not vey large) is #1 in queue for many hours, and other files keep coming...
It's just dead
Files from today processed: 0
Files 1 day ago / 2 days ago: 53 / 522

Files queued to process: 896

Postby rsandu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am

Yes, ît's stucked ! Admins, please help... !

According to stats: Unique wifi networks in DB: 99,232,637 (not changing) New unique networks today: 0 (not changing) New today with location: 0 (not changing) Total Files parsed: 794,449 (not changing for 48 h now; one of my files happens to be #1 in queue since then, so I can see) Files queued to process: 925 (goes up pretty quickly).

Best regards,
Răzvan
Looks like it's processing files again now. Pretty big backlog tho!
Hello, file processing is up again, but now (Saturday, June 15, 2013, 08:27 GMT) the map displays „Plot error, apollogies”...
If the queue is long there is reason for it. If a user uploads a file that has 50,000+ wifi to process it will slow down all the other files hence the queue will grow. This will also effect the plotting of wifi on the map, so it just takes some patience.

Upload your files and go do something else for a while. Sometimes that while is for hours, but it will complete. I doubt that the admins could really do anything to speed this up, aside from more servers, blah blah blah.......
And again... 700+ in the queue with no movement...
Per the "offtopic" feature-request thread from yesterday, (here in this necropost... ; )
we're aware.
everything will be processed by cold, calculating datakittens in the order it was received.
My first upload of the month has been hanging out at #390 for 24 hours. If anybody was going to clog the queue for days at a time, I would assume you ccie4526.
Per the "offtopic" feature-request thread from yesterday, (here in this necropost... ; )
we're aware.
everything will be processed by cold, calculating datakittens in the order it was received.
My first upload of the month has been hanging out at #390 for 24 hours. If anybody was going to clog the queue for days at a time, I would assume you ccie4526.
Nice to know I have a reputation.. ;-)

Srsly, I've only got about 16 files in the queue right now, so it's someone else that has it constipated..

Postby khmann » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am

Just to post an update... the kittens finally gnawed through my upload (the time per file shows 50% to 100% longer than I would usually expect), but the "stats" page has not updated either my last upload date, nor my newly detected APs. Nearly 1000 files in the queue right now.
Just to post an update... the kittens finally gnawed through my upload (the time per file shows 50% to 100% longer than I would usually expect), but the "stats" page has not updated either my last upload date, nor my newly detected APs. Nearly 1000 files in the queue right now.
I hopped on the Wigle IRC channel and "encouraged" the folks to feed the kittens some ex-lax... Bobzilla said they had some maintenance tasks running in the background that was dogging the server pretty hard (my general interpretation). Obviously that stuff is somewhat done.
This gives a better view of how well the kittens are being fed: https://wigle.net/gps/gps/main/stats/?p ... asttransid

70 posts • Page 1 of 5

Return to “WiGLE News”