Upload Failure

Notes regarding project status and info

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bigstape » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:24 pm

I've had several failures over the last 10 hours to upload a 18MB gpsxml.gz kismet file. A 1.4MB wigle file uploaded fine just prior to this. I'm getting "Connection Reset" errors on two different computers with different browsers. A 1.7MB nettxt.gz file of the same data uploaded fine, though.

I've been outside the box. There's a bigger box.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby bobzilla » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Sounds like a network timeout before getting the file all the way up. We cap the files at a larger size than that, so it shouldn't be a problem server-side.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby mobileshaun » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52 am

I'm having failures too, but I see chrome goes all teh way to 100% when I upload, yet i get the 500 internal server error

Postby bobzilla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:28 pm

This should be solved now, a security regex was matching certain files. Apologies!

Postby bigstape » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:01 am

Sorry, still not working. Feel free to e-mail me if you need more info (you guys have my e-mail from the site registration, I think). Fortunately, kismet automatically logs in multiple formats, and I think wigle extracts the same info from the smaller netxml files as from the larger gpsxml files. I've just been uploading the larger files because I assumed they were better because they have more data. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that uploading the smaller netxml files isn't a problem.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby bobzilla » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:17 pm

I was able to upload the file after making the security change, if you have a different file that is having issues feel free to send it over to us.

Postby bigstape » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Works now. Thanks!

Postby bigstape » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Well, the .gpsxml files seem to contain more information after all...700+ additional hits.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”