Can't view new points

Notes regarding project status and info

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:42 am

I downloaded the latest vector and raster maps for my area (fairfiield county, CT), and even though they connect to WIGLE.net, they don't have any of the ap's I discovered. All show up on the webmaps, but none of them (ones i got today through ones from six months ago) show up.

Postby gizmo53 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:47 am

sry, that was me. Anyways, the reason why is that my goal is to map my entire town for wifi before I go off to college this summer, and I'd like to have a nice, big map that I can print out and/or load into my stumbler client to see where I haven't been yet.

Postby ax0n » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:06 am

there's a folder in your DiGLE folder called "Data".

Within, you will see all the mappacks (.gz files) and then .WiGLE files. The .WiGLE files are cached AP data. you could try deleting them so that it's forced to re-download your stuff.

Also, when I was encountering this problem, I was using an un-patched version of dstumbler, which was effing up the coordinates, causing the AP's to show up outside my county. They were showing up, but not on the correct mappack. What stumbling software are you using?

Postby gizmo53 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:27 pm

I'm on a mac, so i'm forced to use JiGLE. Can't find any Data folder either.

Postby uhtu » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:44 am

jigle data is in WiGLEnet/data/ under your jigle install.
more important will be the log file (jigle.0.log) and how you launched jigle on your mac.

if you've been double-clicking the jarfile, you will have to switch to using the run.sh (for the moment, as there is no way for us to up the memory allocations from the jar)

please have a look at the jigle.0.log and see if there are any memory errors.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”