Car antenna mount position suggestions?

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby T100 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:32 am

Hey guys!

So I have gotten the wardriving bug. I've had a lot of fun with it, and I've bought some 7db omni directional antennas which have a magnetic base. The question I had, was where have many of you mounted the antennas? Also, how did you deal with the cables, other than running them through the window? I would like to mount them and have the windows closed, but not have to drill holes in my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi

At one moment, I was putting the gps on the roof of my car;

I was closing the door on the cable. There is rubber to make joint. So it is not too much compressed. But it is a little anyway.
I coulnd't have done that too often without damaging the cable I guess. but this is a USB cable.

May be your antenna cable is thinner and would sustain less damaged when taken in the door joint.May be try with a diffrent cable too see how it goes first...

but not I never mounted a wifi antenna on the roof. as it is not a very discrete setup

Hi

At one moment, I was putting the gps on the roof of my car;

I was closing the door on the cable. There is rubber to make joint. So it is not too much compressed. But it is a little anyway.
I coulnd't have done that too often without damaging the cable I guess. but this is a USB cable.

May be your antenna cable is thinner and would sustain less damaged when taken in the door joint.May be try with a diffrent cable too see how it goes first...

but not I never mounted a wifi antenna on the roof. as it is not a very discrete setup

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had an idea that it could maybe be done like this. And yes, you're right, it isn't that discrete. I don't want to go around looking like an unmarked police car. haha. I guess I could have a look to see if I can mount them inside near the back window inside the car.

Cheers!
The 7dB directional antenna with a magnetic base can be mounted on the roof of the vehicle for optimal performance and signal reception.
Quick Draw

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”