The gear needed for wardriving

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ax0n » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:29 pm

HP Jornada 720
MiniStumbler
Senao EnGenius 200mW
2x mag-mount omnis
Garmin eTrex Yellow

I rode it to work this morning (in single digit temps) and picked up about 150 new APs. Unfortunately, the batteries in my GPS died soon into my trip. I'll have to fix that (charge them up) for the return trip.

Postby bobfunland » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:00 pm

You should get one of those onboard generators used to illuminate bicycle headlights. No batteries needed! :P

Postby themacuser » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 am

You should get one of those onboard generators used to illuminate bicycle headlights. No batteries needed! :P
Yeah, but then when you stop pedalling, the gear all shuts down and you have to set it up again, while riding :)

Postby bobfunland » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:50 pm

Yeah, but then when you stop pedalling, the gear all shuts down and you have to set it up again, while riding :)
Only a minor inconvince. Get yourself a couple hamsters and those little exercise wheels and hook that up to your bicycle generator.

Postby argh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:41 am

ax0n, i'll bet you haven't been using the warbiking rig this weekend. i'm in the midwest also, we had three inches of ICE. i haven't been more than 10 feet outside my door since friday afternoon.

yesterday, i heard that on the east end of our state (Missouri) there are 300,000 people without power, and it's 12 degF here right now.

edit: we aren't used to ice like this.
Image[/img]

Postby ax0n » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:21 am

ax0n, i'll bet you haven't been using the warbiking rig this weekend. i'm in the midwest also, we had three inches of ICE. i haven't been more than 10 feet outside my door since friday afternoon.

yesterday, i heard that on the east end of our state (Missouri) there are 300,000 people without power, and it's 12 degF here right now.

edit: we aren't used to ice like this.
Image[/img]
I ride my bike practically every weekday to get to the bus and take it to work. I haven't been war-biking in a while because all the routes I normally take have been worn out. When it warms up and I do more recreational riding in previously uncharted territory you'd better believe I'll have it scanning.

Note, the bike shown here isn't the one my scanning stuff was on in the first post. My yellow bike has knobby tires which work a lot better in stuff like this. ;)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”