wifi card trouble

The gear needed for wardriving

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby justin1718 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 am

I am using an orinoco gold pc card with a dell latitude CPI 400mhz laptop running windows xp. The gold card was working fine then near the last hour of a 4 hour wardrive it stopped working. The led on the card was on, but there were aps present, netstumbler said no aps active. When i pulled the card out and reinserted it worked and then it stopped working again, but i had to restart the laptop for it work. On a wardrive earlier today for 20 minutes it worked alright except once. Then during another 30 minute wardrive the same day it stopped working and displayed orinoco error:005. Now it is doing the same as i first said. The orinoco card has firmware version 8.72. The laptop is running windows xp. What is the problem?

Postby littledave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:23 am

I am using an orinoco gold pc card with a dell latitude CPI 400mhz laptop running windows xp. The gold card was working fine then near the last hour of a 4 hour wardrive it stopped working. The led on the card was on, but there were aps present, netstumbler said no aps active. When i pulled the card out and reinserted it worked and then it stopped working again, but i had to restart the laptop for it work. On a wardrive earlier today for 20 minutes it worked alright except once. Then during another 30 minute wardrive the same day it stopped working and displayed orinoco error:005. Now it is doing the same as i first said. The orinoco card has firmware version 8.72. The laptop is running windows xp. What is the problem?
Slide over to netstumbler forums and search you'll find your answer.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”