Collector for Windows Mobile

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby gandalf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:51 pm

I have developed a fairly simple Wifi collector running/tested on Windows Mobiles 6. It can collect wifi networks with GPS location. The program can produce WiScan(?) files that can be uploaded to the wigle db. CAB and sources are available on http://www.hoddmimes.com/wificollector/ ... lector.htm

p.s if some have a WiScan format specification I'm interested. The file produced by the wificollector works, but there is most likely room for improvements d.s

Postby Grafton » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:26 pm

holy thread revival batman!

i use wififofum currently, it works, i'll give this a shot and post back on how well it works

Postby pejacoby » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:02 pm

I'll definitely check this out, I've been running WiFiFoFum for a long time on a collection of iPaq models.

One note on your site -- the .CAB file doesn't download, it just displays on the screen. You need to add an appropriate MIME type to your server so that the browser will know the file is a download and not just text. In IE Mobile there isn't a way to right-click-save-target, so you can't download the CAB directly to your device.

Postby Legodude » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Downloaded, I'm going to save this for later. Just gotta get my old WM phone back.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”