Wardriving rig upgrade help?

The gear needed for wardriving

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby justin1718 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 pm

I have a dell cpi 233 mhz laptop with a 20gb harddrive. I am using a senao 200mw wifi card with a 7dbi mag mount antenna, globalsat gps, and kismet form the backtrack 2 live cd. I am getting a dell inspiron 600m to replace the current laptop and was thinking about updating the rest of the rig. I was thinking about adding 2 kismet drones and some directional panel antennas. I was wondering in a city of about 240,000 would the antennas and drones make much difference. There are really not any tall buildings in the area of the city I travel through.

Postby york2600 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 am

I run a omnidirectional antenna as well as a directional panel style antenna and I've noticed that it does add a certain amount of my stumbling numbers. It's not dramatic, and I certainly wouldn't invest any significant amount of cash in such an antenna, but if you can get it for a good price it may help you out.

Postby littledave » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:45 pm

I was thinking about adding 2 kismet drones and some directional panel antennas. I was wondering in a city of about 240,000 would the antennas and drones make much difference. There are really not any tall buildings in the area of the city I travel through.

Anytime that you add more cards your going to find more Ap's. I ran kismet drones on patch antennas and they worked well for me. http://www.wigle.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=4573#4573

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”