WiFiFoFum question

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby gilgamesh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:26 am

I have been playing around with WiFiFoFum on an iPod Touch and have a quick question:

Is it possible to convert a .wfffLog file to a .kml file without uploading it to their servers? I have a few log files which I have pulled off my iPod. They seem to be Apple plist files (maybe similar to Macstumbler's?), which I can convert to xml, but how do I then go to kml? I could maybe write a Python script to do it, and I made a brief, failed attempt at running it through xalan with a stylesheet. If a better way already exists please let me know! As I understand it, it is precisely this conversion that takes place when I upload a log file, but I don't like the idea of having to upload every single file to them.

Thanks,
G

Postby uhtu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 am

you may have an easier time with xsltproc than xalan

Postby gilgamesh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I actually got xalan working ok, my problem was creating the correct stylesheet. It has been several years since I last played around with XML, XSL etc.

Postby wifiwhere » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 am

Gilgamesh,

Our new application (WiFi-Where, app store:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-whe ... 47682?mt=8) may have some features to make your task easier.

WiFi-Where supports a direct upload to WiGLE.NET, as well as an email export feature that allows to you email yourself a NetStumbler, KML, or CSV file (with no server in the middle).

Enjoy!

Three Jacks Software

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”