2WIRE762 Network Security Key

The gear needed for wardriving

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Chava » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:52 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this; and this is the only site that came up when I did a search for 2WIRE762 Wireless Network.

I bought a Toshiba LapTop with wireless internet, and I'm using NetGear but it's ghetto already :roll:

So my question is: When choosing from the different Wireless networks to sign on the internet with, how do I locate my Network Security Key to log onto the internet using 2WIRE762?

All of the Wireless internet ( like NetGear ) is free; even Belkin is free but, it's just as bad.

Where does one find a Network Security Key? I'm looking all over online for it but I cant find any results in any Search Engine :evil:

Postby whitedice » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 am

The only network you should be using is your own, and you should know the key of your own network?

If someone setup that name, then there is probably a key written down somewhere with the documentation?

If your key was online for everyone to find, it would kind of defeat the purpose of having a key?

It is illegal in some states to use internet that isn't yours if you don't have permission to use it.

And thats all I am prepared to say.

Postby Chava » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 am

I've looked everywhere. I'm just new to using my LapTop that I purchased at Best Buy. It came with different networks that I could log on to.

Some are free (like NetGear) and others require a network security key. I was just lost. I'll call Best Buy where I got it and find out if I'm missing something.

I looked through the instruction booklet, and even the box it came in and....nothing.

I'm Technology-Intolerant I guess :D

Postby whitedice » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Do you not know if you have internet service w/ WiFi in your house or apartment?

The laptop does not come with networks to connect to. It sees networks that exist. But that doesn't mean you are allowed to connect to them.

It sounds like to me, you don't have wireless internet in your residence that you can connect to. You have to solve that problem before you can connect wirelessly to internet you have permission to connect to.

Postby Chava » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I understand better now.

Thank you.

I'll call Best Buy or my local Internet Provider to help me. That's all I needed to know.

Thanx again 8)

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”