Show your wardriving stuff/box

The gear needed for wardriving

22 posts • Page 2 of 2

Postby custard2 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:43 am

PiX-275.jpg
WarXing Stuff
PiX-275.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 20820 times
From left to right:
Nokia Pureview 808 (Symbian), Nokia N800 (Maemo Linux), Nokia E71 (Symbian)
Top: Sony CycleEnergy USB Portable charger (2800mAh), Sandisk Cruzer Micro (for data exchange), Portable Cheap Solar charger (3000mAh), Belt case for N800
Bottom:
MicroUSB Cable (for data transfer), USB Handmade adaptor, for USB OTG in the 808 and the NIT, USB to Nokia 2mm charger plug (handmade, for charging the N800 IT)

Both of Symbian smartphones, running a modified version of PyNetMony
N800, running Kismet, meanwhile, Nokia E71 providing GPS data to it

Togheter, Recolecting data like a boss... :D
It´s good be a yellow Custard!

Postby Whig » Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Here is my little bit updated warwalking tool.
still running Alfa+RaspberryPi+Samsung battery but my old USB gps went crazy so had to buy new one.
I also removed that "unplug GPS and raspi will shutdown itself" and now I have switch what turns off my raspberry pi and led on that same switch that tells me that kismet_server is running.

Postby lnFeRn0 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:12 pm

still running Alfa+RaspberryPi+Samsung battery but my old USB gps went crazy so had to buy new one.
I also removed that "unplug GPS and raspi will shutdown itself" and now I have switch what turns off my raspberry pi and led on that same switch that tells me that kismet_server is running.

What distro are you using?

Postby Skyhawk71 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am

I just use a android phone running wigle.net app. built in GPS receiver cane with the phone.

Postby Whig » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:37 am

What distro are you using?
Sorry about the slow reply... Sadly I can't remember what distro I was using but it was probably Kali/BackTrack or just raspbian.
But it doesn't actually matter so much because all of those tools what I used can be used on both of those pretty easily.

Postby hdmn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 pm

what are you telling people you meet on the streets with this cable/antenna bundle!? :roll:

Postby Whig » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:55 am

what are you telling people you meet on the streets with this cable/antenna bundle!? :roll:
Only one person has asked and he said that he had to ask because he has thinking about doing same kind of thing :-D
But because it was nice and small unit it was easy to put it in bag or something like that so people didn't need to see it in wrong places (It might be bad idea to take it to airport with you in a bag but...) :-D

22 posts • Page 2 of 2

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”