Wardriving Noob

The gear needed for wardriving

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Albacore » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:07 am

Im actually really interested in this(wardriving). Sounds like its right up my alley. LIke the subject says, im a noob at this whole wireless networking stuff, i was just wondering what i needed to wardrive as well as where i can find info on this.

so far, i have my laptop, netstumbler and an orinoco silver card. but again im not sure how to setup the card.

Postby uhtu » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:01 pm

this is an excellently scalable hobby, you can get out of it as much as you care to put into it (financially, time-wise, etc.)

you'll want to check out http://forums.netstumbler.com/ which will more than likely have answers to all your non-wigle-related questions (it always has for me :-)

Postby bobzilla » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:22 pm

If you're running NetStumbler, just run it and it will start looking for access points. Like uhtu said, if it's not talking to the card check out their forums. The data is much more useful if you have location information from a GPS hooked up to your laptop via a serial or usb cable.

Save the file in NetStumbler, upload it to us, and your now a happy contributing member of WiGLE. :)

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”