NetStumbler 0.4.0

The gear needed for wardriving

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

what do you think of the new NetStumbler?

this stuff rocks!
62%
marius has already been granted sainthood.
15%
hated it!
15%
i wouldn't know, as i don't or can't run it.
8%

Total votes: 13

Postby arkasha » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:35 am

NetStumbler 0.4.0 was released today.
on the bright side of things, IT ROCKS; stable, fast, effective, and it loves all my cards.
The integration script with the existing DiGLE version even works correctly, so you can keep making stumbletraces.
on the dark side of things, we'll need to update our NS1 parsers before we can use the files it outputs in the upload area, clients. watch this space for updates as we work on it.

Postby uhtu » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:07 am

all the parsers are updated to read the new ns1 format.
the website should pick up the change once our extensive QA organization runs their regression suites.
new versions of DiGLE and JiGLE will follow with updated ns1 capabilities.

Postby uhtu » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:10 pm

the great and indomitable wigle.net Quality Assurance squad was up all
night, and has released the NetStumbler 0.4.0 parser into production for
uploaded stumble files. have fun!

Postby arkasha » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:35 pm

if you see anything strange with new NS1 uploads, please post here!

Postby instinx » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:56 pm

I am stumbleing thanks to NS0.4 and I uploaded a couple ns1 files to wigle. I dont see them on the map. Is it somthing I am doing or perhaps its not being parsed correctly? Just figured I would make a mention.....

Postby uhtu » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:01 pm

when did you post them?

if it was before last night there was an interesting interaction with some ns 0.4.0 settings and our ns1 parser. we re-ran the updated parser against
all the ns1 files we still had in the file cache.

if you can check again, and still don't see 'em, could you email wigle-admin[at]wigle.net with the transaction ids? (or msg here in the forum if you don't want to email)

Postby instinx » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:06 pm

20040426-00013
and
20040425-00046

00013 was over the weekend and 00046 was this morning. How long before the web map is highlighted?

Postby bobzilla » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:01 pm

Your posts went through fine. You can check out how the posting went on the uploads page.

As for the webmaps, it reloads the access point data into memory every once in a while, last time it went was on the 24th, so your points aren't in it yet. I'll have it reload now so you can see yours.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:25 pm

every once in a while
Well that explains it. Thanks for the info!

Postby bigman1234 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:46 am

I'm just happy they came out with a version that works with my Atheros based ABG combo card. :lol:

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”