Is wardriving necessary?

The gear needed for wardriving

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby olesreli39 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am

So, say you’re a red teamer, and you’re hired to break into a company’s network and expose vulns, threats, etc. The three main methods(that I know of) you could use are social engineering, port forwarding, and wardriving/warflying (drones). So my question is: do you always have to have physical access to a network to break into it, besides when social engineering? Like what are some other ways you could break into a network remotely without port forwarding or social engineering?

Postby Wallis2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:27 am

So, say you’re a red teamer, and you’re hired to break into a company’s network and expose vulns, threats, etc. The three main methods(that I know of) you could use are social engineering, port forwarding, and wardriving/warflying (drones). So my question is: do you always have to have physical access to a network to break into it, besides when yowhatsapp apk social engineering? Like what are some other ways you could break into a network remotely without port forwarding or social engineering?
Never done this. If we do wifi security testing we already know the SSIDs that are of interest to us, for everything else we have to assume it is out of scope anyway. If I pick up SSIDs not mentioned in my scope where definitely no foreign SSIDs should be found, those get reported as anomalies for the client's NOC to deal with.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”