Wireless VOIP

Talk about whatever

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bobadat » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:46 am

I just recently got into WiFi VOIP and put together this easy tutorial on setting up a mobile VOIP phone. All you need is a used SIP compliant phone off eBay. They run for $60-70 U.S.

There aren't too many models available. UTstarcom makes two. You can get setup with a free incoming phone number and some SIP providers have introductory plans that allow you to call many countries for free for a limited time. Crazy stuff.

http://www.skifactz.com/wifi/wifi_sip_phone.htm

Postby kb9mwr » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Yes, wireless VOIP is neat. I've been playing with Asterisk, the open source PBX for a few years now. I have been using a Zyxel wifi phone. I've been thinking about upgrading to a better phone. The battery life of these first generation phones really sucks. The Zyxel site survey kind of sucks because it doesn't indicate if the AP is open or running WEP.

Postby vealtenio » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 am

Hello, I am using a Windows XP Pro computer on an 802.11g connection. Want to be able to plug in one of the nicer, business-class desktop VOIP phones that only seem to be available with an RJ45 connection (the USB and Wi-Fi VOIP phones are more consumer-oriented). How do I configure XP so a VOIP phone plugged into my laptop's RJ45 jack will bridge to the Wi-Fi connection? Thanking you,

Postby julyinin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Got into WiFi VOIP and put together, an easy tutorial on setting up a mobile VOIP phone and all we need is a used SIP compliant phone off eBay... that is really a good information....

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”