10 hour drive

Talk about whatever

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby FLE » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:29 pm

I have a Motorola Droid 2. I Am going to be taking a 10 hour drive from South Carolina to Mississippi, I want to run the app the whole time. What I want to know is can I do this? will it crash the app? When I get to MS will I not be able to upload the data? This is a chance for me to add some big time data to here. I need to know everything that will or will not happen if I do this please.

Postby AZ_WD'er » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Should work fine. I have run the app for 12 hours with no problems. I hope you are running on external power.

Postby FLE » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Yes I will the batt on my phone will not work that long with me playing my mp3 and running this app. Thank you for your response, I just needed to know if it was a waste of time or not.

Postby dizzy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:42 am

I drove from my home to Croatia 2 weeks ago, that was a 11 hour journey and Wigle ran all the time. I use a Motorola Defy and to my experience it is better so manually set the phone to 2G instead of 3G on such a long trip. Even with power supply the phone uses to much battery power in 3G-Mode when driving fast (> 150 km per hour), the battery will be empty after some hours. In 2G-Mode it is no problem.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”