Filtering Open Wifi

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby pdroidy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm tyring to identify Open Wifi Clusters by parsing wigle.net results throughout the country. It doesn't seem the web interface allows this so I am wondering if it can be done through the API. We can see wigle.net keeps track of encrypted vs. open, so there must be a way to do this. Perhaps I have to query the API and filter the results that way? Any suggestions?

Postby ciro314 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

I also find odd filtering my eintire DB by hand only to show the open networks on google earth.

Postby i_do_dew » Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

Why not just use the jigle (java) client on your pc and look by county? It has the option to sort open from secured. And yes I think the world is too dependent on Google. I like OSM because the map data is open source.
WiGLE....
Have you driven today?

Postby Wolfess » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:27 am

Yes I too would like this as well so I can find the open wifi hotspots in town and keep up to date. There's no reason not to have it. Only time I can sort it to find the open ones is during individual runs on the android app. Nowhere else.

Postby ArthDev » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Merci beaucoup ! Concernant les failles informatiques présentent sur le web, je pense que le site que je vous ai partagé est le meilleur qui puisse répondre a vos question.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”