police cars broadcasting as APs?

Talk about whatever

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby gamer30168 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Hello guys i live down the street from a small police precinct and i started noticing that whenever a squad car passes by my house it shows up on vistumbler or whatever proggie im using and the units always show up as a 3 digit number in the 300 range. 324, 379, 318, etc. Vistumb. says that the hardware used is from a company called Senoa. Anyone else notice this, or a variation of this?
Hello guys i live down the street from a small police precinct and i started noticing that whenever a squad car passes by my house it shows up on vistumbler or whatever proggie im using and the units always show up as a 3 digit number in the 300 range. 324, 379, 318, etc. Vistumb. says that the hardware used is from a company called Senoa. Anyone else notice this, or a variation of this?
Senoa Wireless makes several WiFi products that could be used mobile. Maybe the officer's laptop is connected to a mobile access point in the car kinda like how some cell phones will work as an access point and use the 3g connection in the phone. Your town may have a network of access points citywide that they connect to for mobile data in the patrol cars.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”