WIGLE??

Talk about whatever

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby lokey240 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:38 am

What is wigle used for? Can I use it as a software for mapping GPS points? If not what would be a good software to use. If so how is it?
I want to plot the points live. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:34 am

just point me in the right direction.

Thank You

Postby lokey240 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:37 am

I posted to soon

I found the README

Thanks. :shock:

Postby lokey240 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:24 am

OK i think i got it running, but i don't know how to choose a map pack. i downloaded a couple but i can't get them in the bar above the map. any suggestions.

does this program plot points in realtime?

thanks for your help

Postby uhtu » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:08 pm

are you using JiGLE? or DiGLE? (if you're on windows, its either, anywhere else its JiGLE :-)

in either case, to get the mappacks to show up you need to unzip them
from the base directory (there will be a directory called JiGLEMap/ which is part of the mappack zipfile)

at the moment you will have to restart the app for it to pick up the new mappack.

JiGLE currently dosen't have support for realtime stumble-plotting, but the hooks are all there. just needs writing. look for kismet/netstumbler support in future releases :-)

Postby lokey240 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:02 am

coo

i got them working

do you know what the type,channel and qos mean. the info that is in the box when you choose an ap.

also what is the area polygon botton for.

thanks man

Postby uhtu » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:06 pm

type is the reported type of the ap, infrastructure, peer, etc.
channel is the 802.11x channel that the AP was seen on.
qos is short for "Quality of Service" and is a WiGLE.net generated number indicating the relative goodness of the observation. APs seen by more than one person on more than one day have a higher QOS value. its not a guarantee, but a rough indication of how well observed an AP is.

the area polygon connects the points that a given AP was observed from. its nominally a coverage area, but as everyone's rig is different, mileage may vary; yours will be less.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”