Regular Expression SSID Filter on Webpage

Talk about whatever

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi,
i dont get how Regular Expressions work in the SSID Filter on the Web-Map.
If i want to list all SSID beginning with TP-LINK_ i have to use the following RegEx 'TP-LINK_.+' but
The Filter seem to not work correctly.

How do i filter SSID correctly?
It's not a regular expression match. You can use _ as "any single character" and % as "zero or more of any characters". And you cannot begin with any of those wildcards.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
Thanks for Your Reply.
But it did not seem to work.
If i try TPLINK% as a Filter in SSID, i get all existing Networks listed.
Which Syntax is needed to list only Networks beginning with TPLINK ?
That works fine, enter 'TPLINK%' in the box next to "SSID or Network Name (wildcards: % and _)" on the search page and you see results that start with that ssid. I just double checked, is working fine.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
i was trying to use regex to filter out xfinitywifi and CableWifi, etc. since these all show as open but are really login only from the cable company, and the city is literally flooded with those ... any luck using regex to filter out things?

Also, I like turtles.
That works fine, enter 'TPLINK%' in the box next to "SSID or Network Name (wildcards: % and _)" on the search page and you see results that start with that ssid. I just double checked, is working fine.
The OP was asking about the filter on the map, not the search page. I've run into the same difficulty as the OP in using wildcards in the map filter.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”