Will re-scanning correct WiFi access points that are in the wrong place on the map?

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am seeing a few access points that are in the wrong place on the map.

I understand that the idea is to scan from multiple positions so that the app can estimate an access point's position based on the strength of the signal received, and the position of the scanner, but I accidentally uploaded some data from a scan that was run while sitting still, and as a result, a neighboring access point is appearing in my building.

How can I fix this? If I re-run the scan while driving/waling around (instead of sitting in my chair like a fool), will this update the locations on the map?

Thanks!

--Tony
Hey Tony,

the estimates get better as more observations arrive - the more measurements you take from more locations, the closer the estimated location should become!

Cheers

-ark and the WiGLE team
Thanks Arc!

I'm going to try this today after work, re-upload, and see if there's any change.

Love the avatar, by the way. I'm a fan of cyberpunk.
let us know how it goes - always happy to help!

-ark
Sorry it took so long for me to reply!

I drove around the area with the erroneously placed access point after work that day, and again the next day that I was at work, and a few days after that, it's location updated and it is now showing in the correct spot.

Thanks for your help!!! Love this app and project!

--Tony

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”