Highly restrictive query limit

Talk about whatever

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby dniel88 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 pm

It seems the system only allows about 5 queries per day and that is highly restrictive. Especially if you just signed up and not sure how everything works and made a few mistakes, your limit is already up.

I am only trying to query my own SSIDs and see learn where my devices have been picked up in the past. I got one hit linking a device detailing my travel across 2 continents which was quite alarming. I want to see if there are what others Im able to discover but this limit thing is annoying. I think 5 is highly unreasonable, is there any subscription service I can pay to get this raised or is this a bug in the system somehow?

Postby rstoker79 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:07 pm

I also just signed up and was only querying my own devices. I got blocked after about 5. It actually only found one of my devices.
Whoa! Only 5 queries?
Is that daily limit or what?
I just tried to find my ssid and already spent the limit??
Why is that?
Cannot find anything in the docs...

Postby arkasha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm

newly created accounts have tight restrictions to combat harvesting farms.

these limits increase with signals indicating you're a human with a real use case, instead of a bot network. Note that the base network search limits are higher than that - only network detail queries have such a strict initial limit.

Postby petrkr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Just my friend show me this service and I tried it too. But got same problem while testing to find my own nodes. How I can prove I am not bot/farm and how can I increase limits? My another goal is build capture device so I would need for it's testing more queries than 5 per day.

Thanks Petr

Postby arkasha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm

contributing, not acting like part of a harvesting network, and time/interaction all result in automatic limit increases.

the 5-query limit is only for "detail" searches after recent registration; your normal search query limit is already higher than that.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”