Highly restrictive query limit

Talk about whatever

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby dniel88 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 pm

It seems the system only allows about 5 queries per day and that is highly restrictive. Especially if you just signed up and not sure how everything works and made a few mistakes, your limit is already up.

I am only trying to query my own SSIDs and see learn where my devices have been picked up in the past. I got one hit linking a device detailing my travel across 2 continents which was quite alarming. I want to see if there are what others Im able to discover but this limit thing is annoying. I think 5 is highly unreasonable, is there any subscription service I can pay to get this raised or is this a bug in the system somehow?

Postby rstoker79 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:07 pm

I also just signed up and was only querying my own devices. I got blocked after about 5. It actually only found one of my devices.
Whoa! Only 5 queries?
Is that daily limit or what?
I just tried to find my ssid and already spent the limit??
Why is that?
Cannot find anything in the docs...

Postby arkasha » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm

newly created accounts have tight restrictions to combat harvesting farms.

these limits increase with signals indicating you're a human with a real use case, instead of a bot network. Note that the base network search limits are higher than that - only network detail queries have such a strict initial limit.

Postby petrkr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Just my friend show me this service and I tried it too. But got same problem while testing to find my own nodes. How I can prove I am not bot/farm and how can I increase limits? My another goal is build capture device so I would need for it's testing more queries than 5 per day.

Thanks Petr

Postby arkasha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 pm

contributing, not acting like part of a harvesting network, and time/interaction all result in automatic limit increases.

the 5-query limit is only for "detail" searches after recent registration; your normal search query limit is already higher than that.
contributing, not acting like part of a harvesting network, and time/interaction all result in automatic limit increases.

the 5-query limit is only for "detail" searches after recent registration; your normal search query limit is already higher than that.
Thank you for explaining this. It is useful information, and I'll go be human for a while. :D
Hi, I just uploaded my first war driving ever. There is not war driving data in my area this 2022 so I tried to search the wifi name to verify if my upload is found in the search. Does that mean I can only search for 5 only wifi name? Because there is an error saying failed or something like that. I would like to know if searching wifi name in basic search is considered detailed search and is only for 5 search only?

Postby arkasha » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:02 pm

you'll get an increasing number of queries, but the threshold is daily.
Not to worry, the search function relates to ALL networks, not just the ones you upload.

Postby pokehunt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:11 am

As a new users I am also running into rate limit. However, the limiter is not from wifi detail page, it's coming from "​/api​/v2​/network​/search". I queried about 5-6 times on the API test page (swagger) and cannot use it anymore... :(

I know the service need a good way to prevent robot farm, yet it's still surprise me since no where noted about rate limiter on the user manual...

Besides, curious if activities on the forum would increase my credibility of being a "human" :wink:

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”