400+ In WiGLE Upload Queue

Talk about whatever

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ax0n » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:21 am

What's up with that? I've been waiting for about an hour for my logs to go through... I've never seen this many in the queue before, not even WWWD.

Postby uhtu » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 am

this is what happens when lots of people use wigle :-)
the server is chewing on the files, and we're watching it.

it'll get there, even if bobzilla has to do those files by hand.

that being said, we're always open for donations: which buy faster/additional hardware (and more redbull for bobzilla!)

Postby ax0n » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:14 am

Heck yah! WiGLE rawks, it's why I use it! I just haven't seen it used so much. Must be all those weekend wireless warriors trying to get their stuff uploaded for "monthly" rank bragging rights ;)

If I could donate, I would. I'm batting money probs now, but I always donate my log data. I've been watching the queue dissipate, so I'm not too worried. Thanks for taking some time to reply tho :)

Postby uhtu » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:23 am

heh. that wasn't a demand for dollahs. we get by.
points are what drive us, what compell us, what move us.

but sometimes things get slow. we'll see if we can provide more status, but sometimes too much status makes it worse.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:51 am

I don't know if you recently added this feature, but now my upload status page is telling me how many files are queued up in front of mine. It's never done that before either, so if this is something new, - two thumbs up - to bob and uhtu and whoever else may be involved in making that happen.

-- w00t --

Postby citats » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:34 am

Heh, that was me. Hopefully it didn't inconvenience anyone too much.

I wanted to wait till after WWWD4 to upload all my old logs and I finally got around to it tonight.

Postby bobzilla » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:56 pm

Yesh, I added during a boring talk at javaone, due to a request from another user. :)

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”